NORMAL. There are NO known or potential incidents, dangers, threats or situations.
RESPONSE: Continue daily operations & schedules. Conduct ongoing preparedness program and maintain both readiness and awareness levels.
NOTICE. Initial notification of current or possible incident, threat or situation.
RESPONSE: No deployment mobilization authorized. Implement Checklist::
1. Initiate intelligence gathering & documentation activities regarding situation
2. Begin portable (HT) radio and other rechargeable devices on “charge” status.
ALERT. Local or adjacent OA emergency “volunteer” communicators have mobilized.
RESPONSE: No deployment mobilization authorized. Support requests may be possible.
1. Advise family members / loved ones.
2. Confirm radio programming for accuracy.
3. Continue intelligence-gathering & documentation activities.
4. Monitor 146.025 Repeater or 145.555 Simplex for updates and possible Resource Net
5. Initiate vehicle safety inspection (VSI) checklist. ( Confirm gas tank levels=FULL )
6. Start daily ICS-214 documentation. Record all actions / activity.
STAND-BY. No deployment mobilization authorized. Notification of possible shift activation.
1. Confirm health/safety of all family members/loved ones.
2. Advise “out-of-area” emergency contacts of situation.
3. Monitor situation by radio (if possible or practical)
4. Continue intelligence gathering, deployment checklists & documentation activities.
5. Announce to Resource Net when you are “ready to mobilize”
6. Resource Net to initiate or create Travel Net capability.
STAGE. Notification of full or partial shift deployments.
1. Establish and maintain communications with Net Control.
2. Confirm “safety net” operations, contact and frequencies.
3. Confirm all intentions with Net Control before implementing any actions.
4. Maintain daily ICS-214 for details (mileage, locations, assignments) and accuracy.
DEPLOY. Full or partial assignment to incident, perhaps in shifts.
1. Follow all deployment instructions and safety guidelines.
2. NEVER leave your radio unattended (without authorization).
3. Contact Net Control before deviating from any assignment or instructions.
DISASTER. Disaster operations mode.
RESPONSE: Do whatever you can to help. Maintain a safe environment. Never jeopardize the
safety of yourself or those around you. Unconventional assignments may be necessary. Remember
AND USE your training and common sense. Keep daily ICS-214 updated.
1. Confirm safety of family / loved ones / neighbors.
2. Replenish or replace all used or depleted resources.
3. Conduct vehicle safety inspection (VSI).
4. Implement plan for recovery to Level-0 preparedness/readiness capability.
5. Advise when Level 0 using most expeditious method.