To be a member of Tri-Cities RACES/ARES a few requirements are necessary.
- Hold a current amateur radio operator license from the FCC
- Own a 2-meter amateur radio (Dual Band 2-meter/440MHz preferred)
- Pass a background check Secure Live Scan
Maintaining participation in the group is monitored and increases a members proficiency rating:
- Participation / Check-In to weekly radio net – Minimum 1 check-in per month
- General Meeting Attendance – Minimum 1 meeting per quarter
- Participation in Scheduled Training and Public Service Events – Minimum 2 per calendar year.
Ready to Join?
- Download a copy of the application below.
- Using your computer, fill out the document.
- Print out the document, sign and date it.
- Bring the completed form to a Tri-Cities RACES Meeting and turn it in to an Officer in attendance.
- You will be contacted on the next step in the process by the Membership Officer.